Finomics is a national level event wherein distinguished guests from industry, banks and academic institutes are invited to share their view with respect to the current economic and financial scenario. The event acts as a forum for engrossing lively discussion and debate on various issues of interest. The student community is exposed to a wide array of different perspectives which makes them ponder upon the intricacies of the financial kingdom.
Prior to the event, XFIN invited articles for ‘Financius’, article writing competition, as a part of Annual Business Conclave "FINOMICS 2013"
The theme for FINOMICS-2013: “The Prevailing Investment Climate in India and Opportunities going forward”
1st Prize: Rs. 4000 + Certificate.
2nd Prize: Rs. 2000 + Certificate.
Next best 5 entries to receive Certificates
Rules for submission:
Team Size: Maximum 2 members.
Team members should be from the same college.
Individual Submissions are also welcome.
Highlights of Finomics‘13
The theme of the panel discussion: “The Prevailing Investment Climate in India and Opportunities Going Forward...”
Speakers for the panel discussion:-
1) Mr. P.K.Jena (Chief General Manager & Regional Director, RBI Odisha)
2) Dr. Sarat Malik (Joint Executive Director, SEBI)
3) Mr. Debraj Biswal (CEO, Bhubaneswar Stock Exchange)
4) Mr. Srinivas Baratam (Managing Partner, Milestone Religare)
5) Mr. A.K. Sabat (A. K. Sabat & Co.)
Winners of Financius’13
1. Team: Kampus (Soumya Chattopadhyay, Himank Khulbe), College: IIM Kozhikode, Topic: Financial Inclusion, Will the mission be accomplished? (Rs. 4000 & Certificates)
2. Team: Epronimics (Akriti Gupta, Rahul Sikka), College: XLRI Topic: The Prevailing Investment Climate for Infrastructure in India and Opportunities going forward (Rs. 2000 & Certificates)
Next best six entries to win certificates are:
• Team: Anindo Chakraborty, College: IMT Ghaziabad Topic: Indian Stock Market-Growth, Development, Significance and Comparison with world markets
• Team: Ritubhan Gautam, College: IIT-Delhi, Topic: Pecking Order Hypothesis
• Team: Sunay Parekh, Sudeep Mehta, College: ISB Hyderabad, Topic: The Prevailing Investment Climate in India and Opportunities going forward
• Team: Team CA (Anik Koria, Nikhil Jain), College: ISB, Topic: The Prevailing Investment Climate in India and Opportunities going forward
• Team: Fusion (SHWETA SRIVASTAVA, MEGHNA CHAKRAVARTI), College: IFMR, Topic: DEMYSTIFYING EXODUS OF FIIs FROM INDIAN DEBT MARKETS
• Team: Finacle (Harsh Arya), College: XIMB, Topic: Growth of Bond Market in India
Congratulations to all.